Thursday, August 1, 2013

Author of the moment...

So. At my crazy new job this morning I hear this song. I think it's called Happy Ever After. Or something. But she kept saying the same thing over and over. 

"Author of the moment. Do I end up happy?"

Initially I thought that's stupid. And then it hit me. Like the ton of bricks I hope I never get hit with. My biggest pet peeve with myself? I let people determine each chapter. Not me. Others. I allow someone else to tell my story. I thought author of the moment? That's dumb. I promise I'm not the only one. May be your spouse. Kids. Friend. Ex. Future ex. Parent. Who knows. But WE ALL have different authors. Grand kids. Every single person has the opportunity to change our story. Do we let them? I usually do yes. 

So. Who is the author of your current chapter? Who tells the story? Is it you? Someone else? Will you let them? Do you end up happy? That's what the song asked. Author of the moment. Do I end up happy? 

I have to be my own author. I have to. I won't have much of a story if I let someone else tell it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment