Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dear Dad...

Where did you go? 
Why did you go? 
Why did you go when you went?
Why did it happen like that?
Why was it so sudden?
When will I see you again?
How will Dee Dee handle all this? Or Jarod? We are all three so different in our grieving processes. 
Where are you?
Did it hurt?
Did you know and not tell us?
Did you even want a funeral? Or cremated? 
Did you want your suspenders on?
How are we supposed to take care of Grandma? 
Can you see Angie? Gramma Rosie? Molly? Grandpa Cliff? Is he still fighting with Uncle Bob?
Is it pretty where you are?
Are you trolling for walleye?
Why didn't you ever teach me how to drive a tractor? 
Was it because I fell off the combine when I was 5?
Are you happy now? 
Have you found peace?
Why did you ask pastor for a bible a few weeks ago? 
WHERE ARE YOU?
Why don't you answer your phone when I call?
Why did I delete all your goofy voice messages?
Why was I the one who had to watch you go through so much pain when mom left and when that woman you thought you loved broke your heart? 
Why did I have to watch a grown man cry over love?
Are you still lonely?
Why was I so angry at you for crashing my new hangout? When all along you knew you wouldn't be crashing it for very long?
Why did you go to Medora that weekend to see all your friends one last time?
Do you know how many people showed up to pay their respects? More than I know you ever dreamt would?
How did you touch so many lives? 
Have I touched that many lives?
Will my heart ever beat correctly again?
Will the pain ever stop?
Will I see you in my dreams? 
Why did you collect so many hats?
Will I ever be myself again?
How do I explain to Brodie that Papa is gone? 
Why did you leave me?
DAD????? 
I love you. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! This is what I told DeeDee to do...to write to your dad to get out all the things she wants to say but feels she cant because hes gone. Prayers for your troubled heart to find peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Tiff. I'm sorry you lost your Dad, I'm sorry he lost his lady loves, I'm sorry your Dad is gone, I'm sorry we didn't come, I'm sorry you will miss him so much. I loved spending time with your Mom, Dad and the whole family. Hug DeeDee, Gramma Louise and whoever else needs one, for me! Hugs on you too! May the Lord bless him and keep him!

    ReplyDelete