Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What the H*E*L*L* is "crunch coat" made of...

I think have reached the end of the internet.  I did not think it was possible.  But I think I have done it.  And all I wanted to know is what the “crunch” on my crunch cone was made out of.  Like, obviously, it is edible, but WHAT am I eating.  It tastes a little peanutty, but I can find nothing to prove such a thing.  Whatever the hell it is, I love it.  I must have it on ice cream if I get ice cream, at an ice cream place.

First of all, let’s get one thing clear; I don’t eat ice cream cones.  I have a horrible history with them in case you forgot; feel free to read this to refresh your memory.  I HATE ICE CREAM CONES.  I get my ice cream in a dish and I put crunchies on it.  Yes this is a colossal waste of plastic and I am in no way helping Mother Earth, but I can't help it.  I love them.  LOVE THEM.  Depending on what you find when you do a Google search, I guess DQ calls it Crunch Coat…but apparently the real name is Sprinkle King Almond?  Who knew?  Well, this chic does as I found, thank GOD through her blog!  Sprinkle King Almond 

So go ahead, go to Google and type either of those two things and if you can find the list of its ingredients, I will kiss your face, because I, I cannot.  I just want to know what the hell I am eating.  It won’t change whether I get it in the future or not, but now I am mad because I didn’t just get the simple answer I was looking for.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, if any of you know what the heck is in the crunchies I get at B’s Drive-Inn (I think it’s a Midwest thing too) with the sprinkles in it, please tell me.  What makes the delicious little nuggets of crunch so dang delicious?  I DON’T KNOW. 

And I will not rest until I do...

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog looking for the ingredients myself. If you still care, I did find this information: http://baublesandcheer.com/2013/07/25/the-dq-crunch-cone-mystery-solved/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just called our local DQ.... a man who sounded very confident in himself said it was peanut brittle with sprinkles. I hope you're not allergic to freckles.... I'll be waiting for my kiss! Hahahaha just kidding, don't touch me.

    ReplyDelete