Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Compass

I wish...
Starting a new year was like wiping a white board clean. A fresh canvas. With nothing on it. No marks. No blemishes. No scars. Just a blank page. And although it mostly is and can be, unfortunately you carry into the new year all the scars, baggage, blemishes from the years past. Yes you can choose to start fresh. Redesign yourself. Vow to make lifelong personal changes. But reality happens and well then, there you are again with a board full of stuff. 

I haven't had the worst year of my life. I haven't had the best. I've gained new friends, a fantastic new job, my own little place to call home. I've lost a few friends. Lost a job. Lost my childhood home. Oh and lost my father. 

But...a New Year does bring new hope. New faith. New beliefs. That things can and will change for the better. That life, no matter how trying and tumultuous it can be...it does go on. And it's a chance to start new again. 

I have no idea what this new year will bring. I hope a tremendous amount of peace and happiness. I personally have a feeling it is going to be a bumpy one, but maybe I'm wrong?

My whole entire life I have let my heart be my compass. No sense in starting a new way of thinking. It hasn't always pointed me in the right direction, but it's always remained true. 

Here's to whatever your compass may be. I wish you all a very a Happy and a Blessed New Year. 
 
Compass


1 comment:

  1. I hope your new year is blessed and happy. Thank you for taking the time to write your blog. I know it is not easy to share your thoughts and feelings but know that at least for this old farm boy it is a breath of fresh air. A chance to read something original and genuine in a world that has so little of either.

    ReplyDelete