Friday, November 14, 2014

2 Story Beer Bongs, Martinis and Chicken Lips

2 Story Beer Bongs, Martinis and Chicken Lips-Dee Dee B.  


Only in a college town could you experience all three of those things within 30 minutes. Who knew a cold wintry Wednesday night could be so full of such activities? 

 

Sadly, a visitation for a dear friend’s mother is what actually brought me to Mac City.  I love this place though so I should really come more often. Macomb, IL I mean…not the funeral home. Since my Dad passed away it is one of the hardest tasks for me…to attend visitations and funerals for others. It brings back the most horrific memories. I now know the pain and suffering of losing someone very close to me and it’s the hardest thing ever watching friends and loved ones also experience it. 

 

The evening wasn’t all doom and gloom though. I was able to work in a visit to my son Ethan’s apartment. On the way there while we were trying to find said apartment we happened upon some youngsters doing a beer bong from their second story apartment to the ground on a crisp sub-freezing evening. I have never done one of those and let’s just say my sister Tiffany wasn’t going to let this night be the first. #funsucker Odd as it sounds I think that I was more concerned that they didn’t have coats on than what they were actually doing. 

 

From there we went to a quaint little restaurant called Chick’s on the Square. I cannot believe that this was my first visit there. I guess I just try to get to Aurelio’s when I am in Mac City so it just never worked out even though I had heard several good reviews. They specialize in Chicken Lips which are really just oversized all white meat chicken strips cooked to perfection and served either naked, or soaked in either their signature (buffalo) lip sauce or a delicious bbq sauce and the best loaded potato soup that I have ever eaten. They offer several other things as well. We all ordered something different and everything was delicious. They have a wonderful full bar and a giant menu of martini concoctions, #score, did you see that? Martinis! I love martinis and it is such a treat to get one. Sister enjoyed one as well except hers rendered her unable to drive us home. Thank goodness I only had one even though I really wanted two and was more than capable of making the 60 minute drive home, but not before a fun pit stop at Farm King. Macomb really has the best, most interesting Farm King around. You should check it out sometime! It is probably even more interesting after martinis! 

 

The moral of the story is that I am trying to find some good in every bad and also that clearly I need to get out more! 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment