Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The answer my friend...



Yikes.  Been a long, long, long, time since I blogged.  I guess I got so caught up in turning 40, that I couldn't be bothered with blogging!  40 feels so far, exactly like 39.  However!  They say your 40's are your best years!  I think "they" also said your 30's were too.  "They" are also the ones who are responsible for the statement, "they said it wasn't supposed to rain today."  I don't know who the hell THEY are but, screw them.  Life is what you make it, whatever damn age you are.  This is also why I have an umbrella in my car, and mittens at all times.  For when it does rain, or it is colder than "they" said it would be.

I am feeling a lot of emotions today and one of them is that cussing is making me feel better, so I am apologizing in advance for my mouth.  Feel free to stop reading this now. 

My birthday trip was wonderful.  Couldn't have asked for a better weekend, weather, people, etc. wise.  I honestly do feel like I am going home when I am there.  Always have, since I was a little girl.  I had known from probably the age of 10-11 that I wanted to live up there.  I am not sure if it was because as a family, when we vacationed up there every summer, it was the happiest two weeks of our lives.  Or if it was because one minute you were in the city and the next you were surrounded by beautiful pine and birch trees and the air was so fresh.  Or if it was because there is something about being on a lake when a loon calls that calms you.  Or, I could continue boring you with the 1000 reasons I love it up there, but I will stop there.
The decision to go there was pretty spur of the moment really...I mean about a month or two in advance, but I had planned to sit home and do what I can do every weekend which is plant my ass in my river chair and soak up some rays.  But, I decided I wanted to go up there, it had been too long.  Great decision.

My BF Heidi, who is basically an extension of my family, and her family had built (and are still) building a cabin in Northern Wisconsin, about an hour from Duluth/Superior (in my Top 5 favorite places I have ever been.)  It seemed like a no brainer.  My other BF literally lives across the St. Croix river from Heidi and it seemed like a no brainer to spend this day with them.  And I did.  And it was literally one of the best birthdays on record.  I was sitting on a pontoon with my BF's, Sister, and Nic and Em, on a lake "up north" surrounded by pine trees, when I turned around and saw two loons.  They never made a sound, but they were there.  If you haven't heard a Loon call,click here...it's an amazing sound.  And it was probably the best birthday present ever.  I don't believe I have a picture of them because I was too busy snapping the camera every time Sister yelled to get a picture of something else.  But they were there. 

I also want to clarify that my sister went with because it was my 40th birthday.  Not because it was Minnesota/Wisconsin.  She would have preferred the Caribbean or Vegas, but she went because of the milestone, not the destination.  And if you aren't aware, she has never been fond of the place, not like I was all those years...but she loved it.  And relaxed for the first time in years.  For 3 days she didn't have to scoop crap, write township checks, donate time to her community/church, etc.  NOT that any of those are bad, but it had been awhile since she was able to do that.  I am glad she was able to go and actually enjoy it.  I think she may understand a little bit better now, why it's always felt like home in my heart.  At least I hope so.  
  
Anyway...I asked the question, should I stay or should I go.  Go.  Everyone gave the same answer.  It should come as no surprise to me that that was the overall response...but sometimes, you like to get other's input.  How does that saying go?  Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer?  Well the answer is not should I stay or should I go, the answer is when will I be going.  I will let you know when I do. :)

Until next time, look for some new questions of the day.  I need to start writing again...it's in my best interest.




No comments:

Post a Comment