Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Wish...

Hi Dad. 

Crazy few weeks. I can't believe it's almost been two months since you left. I can say left because that's what you did. You just. Left. So many people have said Tiffany you are so lucky. That he didn't suffer. That he didn't struggle. I suppose I am lucky. Although lucky is not the first word that comes to mind when someone exists stage left. 

I think of all of the things you could have done for us BEFORE you left but there really isn't a before is there? It's now. Today. Right here. 

I got to take your truck tonight to the auction house.Dave's Autobody made it look brand new. I couldn't even smell you. Not a speck of you was left. Which probably was a blessing. But I'm driving to Abingdon, radio on 94.9, humming to random tune on the radio...and I look down and realize I'm holding the steering wheel exactly like you did.  Your left hand. One hand only. And I smile and I say I know Dad. I will get her there. I promise. Otherwise Sister will kill me. 

Someone I care about deeply made fun of my blog a few weeks back. I am not even sure you knew I had one or that your daughter could write. I just remember thinking...pound sand...person who is making fun of it. Actually more like kiss my fat ass. Don't read it idiot. It's not rocket science. As you used to say, Life's a Bitch...and then you die. 

I parked your truck tonight as Rascal Flatts came on...the song...My Wish. I know you had lots of wishes for me Dad. And I know if no one else heard them, I Did. I heard you loud and clear. And I promise you that WE are going to have the best year ever. 

There are moments I cannot believe you are gone. There are moments I cannot believe I am here. There are moments I just wish I could get back. 

My Wish for you? Always and forever that you found your Peace. 

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I am sorry someone you care for made fun of your blog. I know how this feels and that is why mine is gone. I am so happy you are so strong and keep writing because I love to read your honest accounts on everything. Keep it up and I know it will help heal your heart. Just know that you are helping others with this blog and I think of you and your struggle to understand your dad's passing and pray for you! Writing is a gift and honesty a wonderful virtue to have!

    ReplyDelete