Wednesday, February 20, 2013

To My Dearest Percie...PART TWO

Sorry, I wasn't done yet.  That shouldn't surprise you...your Aunt Tiff loves to talk!

I was laying in bed last night wondering if I told you EVERYTHING I had to tell you and if you would listen and understand it...and then magically, I received a text from you, with one of the nicest thank you's I have received in, oh, maybe my whole life.  So you DID READ IT!  It did hit home!  Wahoooo!  8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, I do a lot of talking, mostly to your mom, and I am positive that she is NOT always listening, so it's nice when someone really does hear me.

While I was thinking about all of this I remembered the time your mom called to say you were coming up on your little 4-wheeler to be on the look out...so Gram Rita sent me outside to watch for you.  What I was about to see was the little girl you always were, the young lady you are now, and the woman I know you will become.  You came FLYING over Aunt Joyce's hill...going as fast as you could get that thing to go, (and if I remember correctly, your father had cranked it down, so it wasn't even going as fast as it could.)  I think you were probably 7, or 8, who knows...but thank God you had your helmet on (even though you hated it,) because as fast as you could push that throttle you were coming over that hill.  If you could have made it fly, you would have.  Anyway, you hit the bottom of the hill way too fast, which is how you have gone through and continue to go through your whole life...TOO FAST...and your little wheeler did an unimaginable flip, threw you off into the sunset and it landed upside down.  At first my hurt sunk, I wasn't sure how you would get up from that kind of flip, and I started to run, until you I saw what happened next.  You got up, righted your helmet, and literally kicked the shit out of the 4-wheeler.  I couldn't hear what you were saying, but you were screaming.  You rolled it back over, started it back up and proceeded up the hill.  Got off of it, threw your helmet at it and kicked it one more time.  I didn't bother to ask you if you were OK, you were entirely too mad to not be.

When you were old enough to start "practicing" to drive you would come the back way between our houses and you would drive 100 mph...it scared the crap out of Gram Rita.  To this day, you still drive TOO FAST.  My words of wisdom to you?  SLOW THE HELL DOWN.  Life will go fast enough.  I know there will be moments and days that it does not feel that way, but it will...and you will look back and you will wish you had slowed down, I promise you will.  But also, I want you to know that I am OK with you kicking the ass out of anything that throws you off your course.  Including yourself.  You have my permission. You are and remain, one determined young lady.

See your Grandparents often.  Or call.  You are so fortunate to have Grampa Dan and Gramma Sharon, Gram Rita and Papa Jim, Grampa Charles and Gramma Louise.  So many people do not have theirs.  I know you are too busy to see them all the time, but call them.  It means everything to them.  And it will to you someday as well.

Stop texting and driving.  And stop telling me you don't do that.  WE ALL NEED TO.  Life is hard enough and something is always on our minds, so concentrate and don't get distracted with your phone, boys, lots of things...Nothing is so important that it cannot wait to be said.

I don't know exactly how you feel about God or Heaven or any of that and that is your personal preference.  But pray to something.  Believe in something.  Put your faith in something.  Because sometimes it really is all we have.

Yes your parents are stupid and they will be for many more years.  But they are also the only two people in this world who created YOU, so remember who you are calling stupid.  Despite what it may appear, they do want was is best for you and their choices are not always going to be right.  Fighting them only makes it harder.  Defend yourself, but listen to what they have to say, they are NOT ALWAYS wrong.  And be honest with them.  You will be amazed at how easy your relationship with them will be when you tell them the truth.

I think I am done now...I am sure I forgot some other amazing words of wisdom, but for now, I will wrap this up.

So...Go...Be...and don't forget...once in awhile...blow your own damn mind.

Love-
Aunt Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment