Friday, July 6, 2012

Boycotting OREO? Yes, blame it on the cookie...

I don't usually go off on tantrums about politics, religion, race, sexual preference, etc.  And there is a reason for that.  I have my views, my feelings, my opinions.  I also do not feel that I am entirely educated in some of those aspects to start some sort of war over it.  I will stand up for myself and believe what I believe.  You are entitled to do the same.  If something I do or something I am, offends you, we don't have to be friends or hang out.  That's the beautiful thing about choices.  We all get to make them.

I recently posted a picture showing the Rainbow Oreo that was released in support of Gay Pride month.  I don't give two shits if you eat Oreo's, if you support Gay rights, or how you feel about cookies in general, it was a damn cool picture and I shared it.  Most people liked it.  No one got in my face personally about it.  Until I saw the following article.  Go ahead, you can click and read up on the ridiculousness.

One Million Moms Condemns Oreo Cookies For Gay Pride Support


To review, this is the same group that condemned JCPenny for having Ellen DeGeneres as their new spokesperson.  They are going to forbid all of their followers to purchase clothing from this store, or stop eating anything that Kraft makes, because these two businesses support Gay Rights.  Well, I have news for you One Million Moms...you had better stop eating, brushing your teeth, wearing clothes, traveling, hell, just stop breathing.  And I won't even bother to break it down for you, you can read the following that I borrowed from a friends Facebook page (thanks Brooke.)  Imagine if ONE MILLION MOMS got together on stuff like child abuse/neglect, making sure the children of the US are eating meals and drinking clean water...just an idea.

I have no idea who wrote this, but I could not agree more.  Seriously...I wonder if you think we care that you are never going to eat another Oreo cookie.  Because after all, cookies are what make people Gay. And if by Gay you mean happy, because I am always incredibly happy when I am eating a cookie.

We have come so far, but we have so much further to go.  Our society.  I don't give two shits who you love. I have enough problems.  If everyone else would focus their attention on what happens in their own homes instead of a rainbow colored cookie, well, how much nicer would the world be?

Maybe I have offended some by posting this or expressing this...but honest to God, when your life is so much more superior than other peoples, that you can sit back and boycott everything and every company that supports HUMAN RIGHTS, it means we live in a sad world.


No comments:

Post a Comment