Thursday, July 5, 2012

If you need money...


The truth is I will probably never have enough money “stashed” to ever loan someone enough to help them.  I am ok with that.  Well, I am and I am not, I suppose I am a little disappointed that I may never be that financially comfortable.  I wish I was.  Maybe someday I will be.  If I was that financially stable, I wouldn’t be loaning someone money, I would just be giving it to them.

Money is a funny demon.  To me it is just like everything else.  If you give it away, expecting it back, then you are doing it for all the wrong reasons.  Don’t give it, if you feel like it should be returned.  It would be incredibly hard to work that hard and give most of it away to protect someone from a situation they should probably NOT have gotten themselves into in the first place.  Maybe I am just the pessimist that most people think I am.  But sometimes, continuously bailing someone out, or fixing their mistakes for them, isn’t really doing them any favors.  It really is a tough call…luckily; I do not have to worry about it because I don’t have any money to give anyone. 

I have been on the receiving end of such gifts…and I made damn sure I paid them back, or it was established prior to accepting it that I would not be able to.  I have a mental note of everyone who has helped me along the way; it is my intention to pay them all back someday.  Will I accomplish that?  Highly doubtful, but it is my intention.  

No comments:

Post a Comment