Thursday, July 26, 2012

Someone please explain...

Kristen Stewart cheated on Robert Pattison.  Even though they never admitted they were dating.  Who the hell are these people you ask?  You didn't catch the Twilight Saga?  Edward vs Jacob BS?  Well such is the life of a Hollywood movie star.  I am sorry, if you don't like the world in your business, maybe you shouldn't ask to world to pay your salary.  And I am sorry, people cheat.  It's a fact of life.  I don't like it, not one minute and I think there is a special place in the world for cheaters, but not my judgement call.  I may be alone the rest of my life out of the shear fear of being cheated on...it seems so simple to just say you can't commit, but again, whatever.  A few weeks ago the news was all about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes getting divorced.  Again, life sucks.  You want the world to respect your privacy yet the very home you live in, car you drive, clothes on your back, were given to you by the world, your fans.  Sucks to be you.  Sucks to live your life so publicly...you can choose a different career.  Or move to Iowa or one of the Dakotas.

My real problem here is that a young man walked into a movie theater and took the lives of innocent people, and the best we can do is argue about which candidate is going to get the gun laws straightened out.  I have personally never touched a gun.  I would actually probably enjoy it.  Having one, touching one, firing one, whatever.  But I am pretty sure that our gun laws or lack thereof did not have a bearing on what he walked in that night and did.  If people were allowed to carry a concealed weapon would the tragedy have been less?  Maybe...but why didn't the police officers who assured the public that he was apprehended approximately 1 minute and 39 seconds after the first 911 call just shoot him?  I guess my question is they do have the right to shoot their weapon and they didn't.  If you had the right to carry a concealed weapon would you have stood up that day and shot him back?  He was completely protected.  I don't understand.  I am not trying to piss people off, I am trying to understand.

I don't give a fat rats ass who broke up with who in LA LA Land or who cheated on whom, I really don't.  I want to know when we as a people, a country, are going to pull our heads out of our asses and do something about the senseless violence that gets very little airplay, unless its sensational enough.  The bullying, racism, senseless violence.  

I feel bad for this kids parents.  Who claimed to have known he had issues, issues that needed clinical help.  I feel bad that they didn't get him the help he needed and I feel bad that they will forever live with this stigma, personally I would have to hide...far far away.

We are not safe anywhere...and maybe we do all need guns...but isn't the problem why we need them in the first place? 

And one more thing, as awful and brutal and wrong on every level that act of violence in Colorado was, why do we tell these people to rest in peace?  There was nothing peaceful about the way they were executed.  Nothing...I don't get that saying in a time like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment