Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Clay Thurman...yep you read that correctly.


I am doing this new thing with my Blog, when I am having trouble writing.  Obviously if you write, and you experience issues, you have what we call in the biz, writers block.  Happens to the best of us.  Anyway.  I imagine some of these “assignments” will be funny and some will be sad and some will be who knows, but I have vowed to stick with it and hopefully it will help my writing skills!

Today’s assignment was to basically pick a picture via a random # and write about that picture.  This would have been hard for Sister because she has a bazillion, but I asked for her help and picked my picture following these rules.  I have 71 albums in FB so I asked her to pick a number between 1 and 71 and she chose number 55.  I had 48 pictures in that album so I did the same thing and she picked number 21. 

Now…the assignment is to write about what this picture makes me feel.  Who it was, where it was, what I was feeling at the time, etc. just write.  So with that in mind, here is the picture that came up.  And CLAY? NO one was more surprised than I to get this pic...Sister laughed her ass off.



Clay Thurman.  Where the sam hell do I start here? I went to school with Clay; he was quite a bit younger.  Our parents went to school together.  We grew up basically in the same small Podunk town.  I did not run around with Clay or hang out with Clay really, ever.  I saw Clay more in my life after I bought the bar, then ever before.

I am supposed to be honest.  So here goes.  My initial thoughts about Clay were that he was an arrogant asshole.  And I really had no reason to feel that way, because he was always nice to me, that’s just how he came across.  Clay hated my no smoking rule at the bar and challenged that OFTEN.  Clay didn’t like rules.  Rules were made to be broken.  We butted heads with this frequently.  HOWEVER, Clay was a very big supporter of my business, participated in quite a few of the events and really did spread good words about the place.

This is Halloween 2009; at my bar, Tiffany's on Main...he came as Elmer Fudd I believe.  I do not believe he was dating his wife at the time.  Clay loves Halloween.  I hate Halloween.  With a passion.  But it’s a big deal in a bar, so I sucked it up.  I believe this year’s theme was Scaryoake, so naturally Clay would be there because naturally he would have to sing.  He loves to sing.  And he is actually pretty good.  Except when he sings Love Shack.  And not because he sucks at it but because I despise that song.  Talk about nails on a chalk board phenomenon…that is how I feel when I hear that song.  And it was Clay’s go to song at every. Single. Karaoke. I ever had.  It was very difficult for me to endure.

I have known Clay a very long time.  Clay is Clay.  Unique is not the right word.  He definitely beats to his own drum.  He does make his own kickass wine that manages to get everyone who drinks it completely wasted, so I am not entirely sure what he makes it with, but knowing him it is fully intentional. 

Clay, don't ever say there was a not a blog written about you.

2 comments:

  1. Im famous!!!

    That was the 2nd time I hung out with ashley and she didnt talked 2 me much lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does great impressions as well, isn't that right Lonnie.

    ReplyDelete