Wednesday, January 11, 2012

On stocking up...


At approximately 12:45PM today Sister announced that she needed to make a trip to “The Palin” (the grocery store close to work which is really now a County Market, but she can’t stand change, so she refuses to call it by its new name), to pick up bread and milk.  It seemed a little odd that she HAD to have those two things, like immediately, so upon further inspection I was informed that whenever a “storm” was “coming” Mom always said she better get to the store for bread and milk and since we have one “coming” she better get to the store pronto.  She said, “Call Mom and ask her if she has hers.”  So I did…call Mom and ask…and this was her response… “I just told Terry I needed to run to the store for bread and milk even if we didn’t eat it, because “the storm” was coming.  REALLY?  First of all, it is NOT a storm…it is some precipitation…4” max and that is pushing it.  Coupled with some wind and bitter cold (because after all, it is January 11, 2012 and its 60 degrees out, so it will be freezing if it drops 10 degrees.)  Fine…to each their own…get ready for the big “storm of January 2012.”  

She returns from said trip…alas…with no milk.  She looked at it.  Saw it on her list.  But turned her head for one second and saw hard boiled eggs and thought “How fun, I haven’t had those in a while,” and completely forgot to get milk.  My concern?  Not that she forgot her damn milk for a storm that’s not even coming, but that she doesn’t boil her own eggs…I mean REALLY?

This is also the person who informed me that I would be driving the rest of the week since it was going to get nasty out and she had not yet procured floor mats for the back of her new car.  Best if we wait…

No comments:

Post a Comment