Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hello, my name is Tiffany and I am addicted to Pinterest


As if I needed one more thing to keep me awake at night, I have fallen madly in love with Pinterest.  Yes. Me.  If you are on Pinterest, or know anything about it, it may surprise you that I am addicted to it.  If you don’t know anything about it, as usual, leave it to my good friends at Wikipedia to help me, help you.  The best way to describe it is to call it the world’s largest visual corkboard.  Some place to put all of our thoughts, hopes, fears, ideas, food we want to try, reminders of pictures we want to take, places we have been, places we want to go…as if sharing on Facebook wasn’t enough, or any other social network, along comes this monstrosity.  And by monstrosity I mean, a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (yes this is a real thing that again, my good friends at Wikipedia can explain for you) pile of information to sort through.  I can barely sort my mail (I suppose that is by choice.)

I don’t expect that some of the pins I make to the board will come as too large of a shock to most people…and then there will be some where I am sure people will go, “really, I wouldn’t have guessed this about Tiffany.”  

Pinterest is one of those things that I wish I had created myself.  What an incredibly unique way to share our individuality with one another, well the whole world really.  I probably have the most Pins under the “Bites I Want to consume” board, which just means food I want to try.  However, I have a problem with recipes. In that I don’t like following directions.  I like to make things my own way.  So this is going to be another hill to conquer.  Finding all these cool things to cook and then figuring out how to make them my own.  Either way…I am hooked.  Initially I was not and thought it was overwhelming.  Who the hell has that kind of time?  Well, try it and you will soon figure out how much time you WILL MAKE for it. 

I think it did something else I wasn’t expecting either, which so far has been my favorite part.  I turned over a new leaf a few weeks back and have been religious and diligent in this task.  Changing my diet and exercise completely.  It is truly motivating me to keep it up.  It is also making me re-evaluate my dreams.  I know that sounds crazy, but it’s true.  I am not where I want to be, doing what I want to be doing.  If I dream of this beautiful home somewhere, then by God I need to go get it.  I am strangely addicted to bathrooms too, (who knew.)  Like my dream bathroom has always been (in my mind) like going to the spa.  Well, those don’t fall out of the sky.  I have to make some of these things happen…

So right or wrong…good or bad…waste of time or not…I love Pinterest.  Kudos to the creators.  I wish I was on a team of entrepreneurs who were changing the world.  I can only physically handle so many things at one time though…otherwise the next time you hear from me it will from the inside of an OCD program.  

No comments:

Post a Comment