Thursday, January 26, 2012

Under the weather...


Why do we call it “under the weather?”  I mean aren’t we technically under the weather all the time since most weather technically occurs “above” us.  I mean sure, weather occurs “around” us, but weather comes out of the sky.

As you know, I have determined where the phrase comes from and all you have to do is click here to find that answer.  It is with great sadness that Wikipedia doesn’t have anything on this.  They cannot be my resource for everything I guess. 

I love that it’s nautical.  Love it.  I love all things nautical.  I should be living on a boat.  Oh I was once…ugggghhhhhhhhhhh…anyway.  I don’t feel good.  It is incredibly frustrating because I should be feeling fantastic right now, almost 3 full weeks into the new exercise change…I have a feeling I know why I don’t feel good, but that doesn’t make me feel good either.

I want my mommy.  Even if I came home and went to bed, it was nice knowing she was there…up the stairs, down the hall…whatever, just there.  Yes, I can definitely drive to my moms and crawl in my old bed and let her be down “that” hall, but I honestly don’t have the energy to drive down there.  I did call her though and I guess sometimes you just want your mom to know that you don’t feel the best…because who is going to care more than your mom?  No one, I promise you, no one.  Your dog perhaps, but pretty much no one but mom cares.

I am not upset that I don’t feel good; I am upset that I am having a problem “allowing” myself to not feel good.  It’s ok if I don’t exercise tonight…I mean seriously, it is, but I can’t get passed that…perhaps because I know that I can be easily swayed to just quit.  I feel like I am passed that now, but still…you work so hard to accomplish something and you get setback for whatever reason, it’s easy to get caught up in the setbacks. 
I am rambling…I know I have been a little lax on the blogs, but I think I just need to rest.  I will work on it, but in the meantime, I just want to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment