Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Have a Nice Day...


Do you ever have days where you just don’t connect with people?  No matter how hard you try?  I probably internalize things more than the average Jane, but sometimes, no matter what, you just can’t connect with other humans.  And I, because I internalize everything, take it to heart when that connection is bad.  Like it is somehow my fault, which is ridiculous because it is not.  I highly doubt I am the only person that experiences this, but honestly, some days I just want to smack people.  Like upside the head, with a brick.  It is not in my nature to be a mean person so when someone is short or less than polite with me, I instantly get the hair up on my back, ready to pounce at a moment’s notice.  What I really want to say is, go back to bed and start over.  Like now, right this second. 

Trust me when I say I have come to work in a bad mood before.  I should stay in bed.  I know this.  If they would pay me to stay in bed because of my mood, I would stay home.  However, if I come to work in a bad mood, I just don’t say anything, to anyone, which really makes people mad.  Well, you have two choices, I can be quiet, or can be a real ass…you pick. However, I do not answer the phone like the jackwagons have that I have had to talk to the past few days.  If you hate your job and your life and whatever else it is you have going on, feel free to stay home.  I know all about having to come to work when I am feeling less than amicable, but I don’t answer the phone like a jerk.  I may be a jerk around my co-workers, but that is the price they pay for working with me, but I am not a jerk on the phone to customers.  That is where I draw the line.  If your job consists of dealing with customers either in person or via the phone and your pants got put on wrong that morning, it is probably a good idea to stay the hell home.  Can’t afford to stay home?  I suggest you sit in the break room and tell everyone you are contagious, because your bad attitude is contagious and that you must go home.  Eventually, you will probably get sent home.  I am sure on certain days it would be ok to take my own advice. 

To the jerk that called looking for someone who doesn’t work here and never has…no matter how many times you tell me they do, they don’t.  If I need to protect someone’s whereabouts that badly they should probably be in the Witness Protection plan, don’t leave that up to me.  To the jerk that unfortunately got my call to schedule my doctor apt. this morning, I am sorry you didn’t get what you wanted for Christmas, and that you had to go back to work, I suggest you get new friends and family or a new job.  To the acquaintance that is really just an acquaintance, I honestly don’t care how you are doing in your life, I was asking to be polite, but I won’t waste my time anymore on people who are so clearly miserable with their own existence that they will never be able to tell when someone is being polite.  And to the people that live in Glass Houses.  Clearly you didn’t learn by throwing stones, so allow me to bring you a wheelbarrow full of bricks.

Oh and have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment