Thursday, May 3, 2012

The most awesome person I know...



Who is the most awesome person I know and why?  This question is being brought to you by my friend Nicki Fox.  I personally thought it would bring more responses, but when I tried to answer it myself I realized how hard it was and how much it would entail to answer.  Before I continue on, if you ask me to post a question of the day, you get mentioned in my Blog.  It’s that simple. 

I have known OF Nic forever, but I only really got to meet her when I owned the bar.  Nic is the kind of person you want with you at EVERY party.  Even if that party is on the sandbar.  She is so much fun.  And I have so much FUN with her.  I don’t know exactly when we got to be better friends or even why, but I know that I can completely be myself with Nicki and that means the world to me.  My fondest memory is of a night several months ago when I just wanted to sit home and feel sorry for myself, but she was having none of it.  She physically drove over and got me and we had one of the best nights ever.  It was spontaneous and random, but damn fun.  My other favorite is of her being my “Hype Girl” during Labor Day weekend of last year, when we drove around in Dad’s borrowed Case all-terrain vehicle and basically carried everyone’s river chairs!  Thanks for the question Nicki and thanks for being a great friend. 

First and foremost this was probably one of the hardest questions for me to answer because, well, I know a lot of amazing people.  People who do amazing things.  People who conquer amazing odds.  People who go to amazing lengths.  I honestly don’t know that I have ONE AMAZING person in my life.  But I think I can type through this and arrive at ONE person, since that would be following the rules.

GOOD LORD this is harder than it seems.  Maybe it would be easier if I could tell you what an awesome person possesses in my eyes.  Unselfish.  Compassionate.  Passionate.  Sincere.  Has probably been dealt a pretty shitty hand in life, but someone who makes everyone else around them feel like things could be a lot worse.  Positive.  Provides affirmation.  Dependable.  Supportive.  Kind.  Thoughtful.  See, that was a lot easier than naming a person.  However, now that I listed all of those words I can safely ask the question, “do I know anyone that is like that?”

I do.  My mom.  My mom is beautifully flawed.  Sorry mom, but you are.  You have made poor choices, bad decisions, handled things not as well as you probably could have…we all have.  We all will.  We all do.  I know I have said it so many times it is not funny, but my mom has the biggest heart of anyone I know.  She is far from perfect, but it’s her imperfections that make her awesome.  Plus she created me.  I know Dad helped, but she carried me.  She gave birth to me.  She created this (I NEVER TOOT MY OWN HORN, SO HERE GOES) amazing, awesome human being who truly loves people, places and things unconditionally.  I would not be half of the person I am today without her and I truly feel like that is a blessing. 

I love my mommy.  I guess I know two awesome people!  Mom and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment