Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Duck Dynasty...yep, you read that right.



If I had to spend one month in a sitcom/TV show/series, which one would I choose and why?  Before I answer that, a surprising # of people chose Happy Days.  That was interesting.  Interesting in that they chose Happy Days for the polar opposite reasons that others, several mind you, chose Sons of Anarchy.  I have not followed Sons of Anarchy, but I have seen it a few times.  I think the bottom line is that a lot of woman find tough ass, scruffy, motorcycle men to be extremely sexy.  Bad boys.  Which in and of itself cracks me up, because all of the women that chose that, have men so totally opposite of that kind of guy…what does that mean anyway?  When you fantasize about someone who is the complete opposite of the person you are actually with?  

Anyway…Big Bang Theory had a couple, which is funny too…I do enjoy that show.  I am pretty sure a couple days with Sheldon would be enough for me…30 may be pushing it. 

Interestingly the most picked show was Duck Dynasty.  It’s a reality show, of course, on A & E.  It is the last show on the planet you would expect me to watch, but is probably in my top 5 favorite shows right now.  Honest to God.  A lot of it seems scripted, but the show follows a very close family of redneck hillbilly millionaires.  For real.  They made their fortune creating and selling Duck Calls.  Who knew?  They live as if they have the money, but don’t act like it?  It’s hard to explain.  Like the mom and dad still live in their modular home with several additions, out in the swamps...Yes, they all have hundreds of toys, boats, wheelers, helicopter, mansion, nice trucks…but the funny part is they still live off the land.  Hunt, fish, etc., pretty much eat everything they catch.  I am sorry, but I laugh out loud.  I love them.  I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to spend a month with any of them.  I think they may be good looking men under their crazy ass beards…and interestingly they have beautiful wives.  It’s just a fun ass show.  I don’t feel like they are over the top.  They are so close, the whole family, like they pretty much do everything together.  I am sure a lot of it is for the cameras, but somehow you can sense the sincerity, that doesn’t exist with most shows on right now.

That’s my choice.  30 days in West Monroe, Louisiana.  I would probably look just fine in camo.  I don’t know that I want to shoot anything, but I love boats and mud and fishing and who doesn’t want to be a part of a family that sits down to dinner, THE WHOLE FAMILY, at least once a week. 

If you haven’t watched it, try and catch an episode.  If Uncle Si alone doesn’t make you LOL, well, then I got nothing. 

I have included some links for you to check out.  As I type this I cannot believe it myself…that I adore this show.  


No comments:

Post a Comment