Thursday, May 31, 2012

The real world sucks ass...


The unthinkable has occurred in the past few days…I have had nothing to say.  Like I don’t even have things I want to talk about.  I think I am tired of thinking.  It’s been an overwhelming month to be honest…and one I can safely say I am ready to end.  And not because I have a big birthday coming up.  Because I just want May to be over. 

I got involved in watching The Hatfield’s & The McCoy’s on the History channel this past week.  Partially because it is interesting, this feud that basically JUST ended about 9 years ago.  But mostly because I wanted to focus on something, anything, other than my own life.  No, I don’t hate my life.  I am overwhelmed in it.  And to be honest, I have no reason to be.  Probably because I like to assume more roles than necessary.  But anyway, I wanted something to look forward to.  That didn’t involve a divorce, a doctor, an apartment, an Emergency Room, tests, work, $, etc.  You know, the list goes on.  I think I had such an incredible weekend frying my skin because I didn’t have to think about those things then either.  But then reality sets back in and well, it’s back to the real world.  And sometimes the real world sucks ass. 

98% of the time, when I get home from work, the excitement Brodie extends to me is enough.  Like I am the best thing in his life.  However, 2% of the time, it would be nice if that same emotion was extended from a human.  Every once in a while, a person just needs a hug.  And it’s not just the weather, because I asked for this.  I asked it to cool off and for the sun to take a break because even though I look like a little Bahama Mama, I was really burning underneath…so I am glad today that it is cold and rainy, no it does not help my frame of mind, but I asked for it.  The last time I asked God for a break, I also got that too…a big break…so I am trying to be careful for what I wish for.

Above all, this too shall pass…whatever it is…the funk…the weather…whatever. 

 Plus I have been told my "approach" may be too abrupt and that I should tone it down when dealing with others, specifically co-workers.  Well, here is a real real important news flash, I will have a pissing contest if that's what someone wants to do.  I have worked in so many different situations, with so many different people but I can assure you the situation that doesn't work is the one where someone is constantly putting up resistance against the very people that are trying to help you.  My approach is I will help you, until you start acting like a giant asshole...well, then friend, it's game on.  

I was probably better off just not writing a blog at all.

1 comment: