Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pet Peeves-List One

I had no idea I had so many, I swear to you.  Once I started I couldn't stop, I am sure I have many more to list, hence the reason it is titled List One.

And I have a lot of them.  Please keep in mind that I have no patience…so a lot of these may have to do with that.  Actually, I should be honest.  I have more patience now than I ever have had before in my life.  However, it is still pathetically not very much.

LIARS…
Of any kind.  I do not understand why people do it.  Sometimes it is to protect themselves; sometimes it is to protect you, the person getting lied to.  Sometimes it is to protect someone else.  My least favorite liar is the one who lies directly to my face.  Sometimes it is done to “save face.”  May I suggest if you want to “save face,” consider keeping the lower half of yours shut.  I could go on about this one, but I think people get it.

People who say it is freezing when it is not below 32 degrees…
Seriously.  Freezing has a temperature and rarely is it that when a person says it is.

Supervisors, Bosses, Co-Workers, etc. who scream orders at me…
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT SCREAM ORDERS AT ME.  I am a 39 year old woman who has a Bachelor’s Degree and who has managed a multi-million dollar facility.  My personal poor choices in life do not give you the right to treat me like a second class citizen.  Asking someone to do something for you, instead of telling them to do something for you, goes a long, long, long way in my book.  Plus it will prevent me from cocking my head, looking at you funny and wondering what pack of wolves you were raised by.


Speaking of screaming…
People who scream when they talk.  Not because they have a hearing impairment…because that is just how they talk.  And apparently they want the world to hear them.

People who don’t listen when you answer the phone…
For example: “ Illinois Valley Fabricators, this is Tiffany.”  “Yeah, how are you today Dee Dee.”  Or same statement, and the person says yeah is this Kaiser Permenante?

LIARS…

Facebook Baiting…
I am personally at fault of this.  And I understand why it bothers people so much.  For instance, and this example was giving by my sister; if you put on your status, “pray for Richard,” please follow it up with why you want us to.  She would love to pray for him, but she refuses unless you are going to tell us why.  I am not a fan of the; “major life changes, wish me luck.”  Well?  What the hell are they?  You moving to the moon, are you pregnant?

People who take their children to Wal-Mart knowing they will not behave, simply to scream at them the whole time they are in there that they are going to beat their a** if they don’t shut up.

Speaking of Wal-Mart…3 Lanes open seriously?
Two at one end of the store, one at the other?  30 people waiting in each lane?  At Target they are waiting for me at the end of their lane, practically begging me to pick them.

Walking into a restaurant that is not very busy and seeing nothing but dirty tables.

Interrupted sleep…
Sleeping for 4 hours, awake an hour, sleeping for another couple hours, wide awake for an hour, etc.

People who text like teenagers…
Complete the sentences, is it really that much harder?

When a person doesn’t make eye contact with me while speaking…
This drives me insane.  If I wanted to talk to the floor or the wall, I would do so.

LIARS…

Voice Mails…
If you leave me a message saying "call me when you have a minute" I can guarantee you I will be busy for the rest of the day.  If you leave me a message saying “I love you” or something fun that like, I will smile and move about my day as normal.

Being the middle man at work….
I love being told to make a call and find out about something that a) I have no idea about, b) I didn’t initiate conversation about, c) because someone else is too lazy to do it, d) being asked questions by the person I am calling that I have no clue how to answer….For example, “Tiffany, call and find someone who can repair our JLG machine.”  Ummmm, ok, what the hell is it?  Where is it?  What does it do?  What is wrong with it? Ummm, no sir, I don’t have answers to any of your questions let me call someone who does.  Just tell him that it does this, this and this, but it won’t do that.  ARE YOU FOR REAL????  How much time have we saved here?

Autocorrect on my phone…
Damn you.

When I get my oil changed and they don’t fill my washer fluid…|
DO NOT CHECK IT OFF STATING YOU HAVE FILLED IT WHEN YOU CLEARLY HAVE NOT.

When you walk into a restaurant and they ask if you would like a table…
“No not at all, I came to the restaurant to eat on the ground. Carpet for 5 please.”

Waiting in the Dr.’s office to see the Dr. for 60 minutes or more, and when you do get to see your Dr., you get 5 minutes of their time.  And that is making no eye contact with you, but filling out their required paperwork so they can process us like cattle.

No French Fries at the bottom of the bag…
I sometimes want to take the bag back in and say “can you be a little more careless with your food placement?”  I feel like they are a bonus, so if they are all sitting there nicely in their little carton, I am not a happy camper.

Inconsiderate, uncompassionate, judgmental and insensitive people…
This doesn’t need an explanation.

Text messages or emails asking me to forward to 15 people or I will die, lose a million dollars, miss the love of my life, or get a better job…
If only it was that easy.

Going to get that piece of peach pie you have been saving…
Only to find out it has mold on it.

When someone calls you, you can’t answer, so you call right back, literally within a minute and no one answers…
REALLY, where did you go?

When someone falls asleep on me during a conversation.  Specifically while texting…

Or when you are texting someone and having a conversation and they don’t answer your question until 2 hours later.  Try this people…just an idea…”hey Tiff, can’t talk now, I will get back with you later.”

The employees at the Department of Motor Vehicles…
I think they were given a test prior to hiring that measure their level of depression.  The more depressed the more likely they will get hired.  They truly are the saddest people I know.

When you are craving Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, but you have no milk and it’s a Sunday evening and you live far away from the nearest place that is open that has milk…
 

4 comments:

  1. Lighting the wrong end of your cigarette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting forever to get in a room at the Dr. office, then wait some more for the Dr. to come in. This was my biggest pet peeve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..having a serious conversation with someone who finds it necessary to leave dark sunglasses on. I need to see eyes to talk serious.

    ReplyDelete