Friday, September 30, 2011

What did you pray for?



It is finally Friday.  I for one am grateful.  I thought it was Friday already twice this week.  Nothing more sucks.  Well, that is not true, but it does rank right up there in things that suck.  It looks like it will be a great weekend for hunters and gatherers (those buying stuff on the Scenic Drive.)

Do you ever drive to work or home from work or to the store, or anywhere I guess that you drive to often, could be the store, school, whatever, and you arrive at your destination and you realize that you don’t remember driving there at all?  It is like you have an auto pilot, because you are thinking about so many things while you are driving, that you are not actually paying attention to the driving itself?  I do it a lot and it is kind of scary actually.  This has no value to my blog I just thought about it on the way home from work the other night when I pulled into the driveway and realized I remembered nothing about driving home.   I am pretty sure I cannot recall most of the times I drive to and from work.  Ask me to tell you what I am thinking about while I was driving and I probably cannot recall that either.

ANYWAY…I have big plans for the Friday Blogs, but I couldn’t pull it together for this one, so be excited for next Friday.

I will however leave you with a question to ponder.  I don’t know whether I heard this on the radio, saw this on TV, Facebook, somewhere…either way I thought it was an amazing question.  Now, if you do not pray, or believe in God, or you only pray at Church, whatever, you may not have an answer to the following question I am going to present.  To each their own.  I have no problem with you if you do not pray, but for those of you who do, this question is for you.

If you woke up this morning and were given ONLY what you prayed for last night before you went to bed, what would you be given?

For a very strange reason, I prayed a lot last night, otherwise it is quite the opposite of the following:

Strength, comfort and peace for:
My Aunt Michelle’s father and family to deal with his news that he has cancer…
A little girl with Epilepsy and her momma…
A little boy named Jett fighting Leukemia and his family…
All of my friends and family battling cancer or any other illness…

That Brodie’s Epilepsy is manageable…
For my mother’s continued happiness and for Terry’s health…
As good a harvest as humanly possible for my father…
To have my heart, head and feet guided in the right direction towards the place where I find my own peace…
That my brother and sister and their families were watched over and protected…
Love and protection, for all of my friends and family I cannot be with…

Normally, I would have woke up this morning having asked for, no headache when I woke up, a money tree to have sprouted in my backyard, a new vehicle in the driveway, a week’s vacation to somewhere tropical…you get the point.

At the very least, it makes you pause and ask yourself, if I woke up tomorrow getting what I prayed for, what will I be getting?

1 comment: