Wednesday, September 14, 2011

GAME ON



Most of you know that I love a challenge.  People, job, relocation, just about everything you could challenge me on, I love it.  I guess it forces me to do something.  If you told me to do something, I would say, whatever, shoo shoo now...but if you told me I COULDN'T do something, GAME ON PLAYA.  I absolutely despise being told that I can't do something.  Allow me to give you some examples.


  • I was told I would never be able to play Sports again and that getting into the Fitness field was the stupidest thing I could do...I would never survive...I did have to quit playing sports my senior year, but I got my college degree in Sports and Fitness...just because someone said I couldn't.
  • On the first day of my internship my supervisor asked me what I wanted to get out of this job.  I said, point blank...I want your job.  She laughed at my brutal honesty and said, although no one has ever said that to me, it is not likely to happen anytime soon.  Well, Johnson and Johnson made her an offer she couldn't refuse, people moved up, I got my first full-time job and within three years I was running the place.  Just because someone said I couldn't.
  • I was told that I could not barefoot water-ski, okay, probably not the best example, but I did get up and made a circle around the lake the first time.  Just because someone said I couldn't.
  • The Evil biotch who was our Account Manager at the Fitness Center, who hated me for my outspokenness said she would have my job before I ever accomplished proving to the company where my Fitness Center was housed, that it was more cost effective for the COMPANY to buy us, then to work for a contractor.  I presented my case to the entire Human Resources Department of a Fortune 500 Company, and proved that indeed, if the company owned us and we were actually employees, it would save the company thousands of dollars.  I cost my Account Manager, who should have been nicer to me, a multi-million dollar account...she shortly after that, was no longer an Account Manager for my previous company.  Just because someone said I couldn't. 


I am sure there tons more, but you should by now have caught on.

The purpose of this post is that I have been CHALLENGED by someone who shall remain anonymous, to post nothing but positive, happy things for the next 7 days, because my horrible depression that I really didn't think was that bad, was oozing out of my blogs and people didn't like that.  Trust me, I know this is one person talking, especially considering I was told multiple times at a football game last night, that my Blog was the best of part of certain peoples days.  My challenge back was, I dare you to find me a person who has 7 straight days of happiness...to which I was told if I don't involve myself in things, if I remain numb to what is going on around, or if I just have a heart of stone, that is quite an easy task.  Okee dokee then.

The truth is this is my Blog.  I write whatever I am feeling.  It may be happy, it may be sad...YOU, the reader have a choice.  You can CHOOSE not to read if it is a depressing post.  I refuse to paint some fake picture of my life being happy everyday, because the truth is, it just isn't.

HOWEVER, some anonymous person, said that I was CHALLENGED because they were pretty sure I couldn't write about happy things or funny things for the next 7 days.

Well, you nameless playa...GAME ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment