Monday, September 26, 2011

Dessert sized Chinette's and how was your weekend?


Okay, so I didn’t blog at all this weekend and I will tell you why.  My readership stats, (which I am desperately trying to build,) take a huge dive over the weekends, which means, NO ONE IS READING the blog on the weekends. I mean, totally fine with me, who wants to read my blog over the weekend, I sure don’t want to write one, but it is totally messing with my overall stats, so it will be a rare occasion that I have one on the weekends from here on out.  Even my creative mind needs a break.  Sadly though, I don’t feel very creative.

At some point yesterday during our family “September birthday luncheon” at my Aunt Lisa’s, my sister leaned over and said you really need to blog about this…to be honest, I wasn’t sure what she wanted me to blog about as there was so much going on.  Find out today she wants me to blog about the plates we were supposed to eat off of, so I will get to that…

I don’t lead a very glamorous life, in fact if truth be told, I am a homebody.  That wasn’t always the case, but has been more so in recent years.  So I will recap my weekend and trust when I say, I don’t expect to hear much back about it because it was pretty low key.

Friday I left work early with sister to attend the Homecoming parade.  Sadly it only lasted about 20 minutes.  I did get to see all my nieces and nephews who are still in school, riding on their floats, so that was fun.
Sister and I then attended my cousin Garett’s surprise birthday dog burn (that was not really a surprise, because his schmuck of a roommate ruined it.) But it was really good to see friends and family that we normally see at the river, covered in mud, or sitting in the Big Red Barn having not bathed in days.  Everyone was clean and had multiple layers of clothes on so it was surreal.


Saturday I was able to see if my $400/pill migraine pills worked and if indeed I was really having migraines.  Because uh, there is nothing worse than buying a bunch of pills and you not needing them because that is not really your problem.  They really were only $20/pill but I like to exaggerate.  Anyway, the good news is, they worked.  The bad news, I am really having migraines.  So Saturday, my son (Brodie the dog) and I cuddled all day and rested.  Saturday night we made the trek to my mom’s new house to spend the night and that was fun.

They are not all moved in yet, but the house is sooooo cute.  I hate that it took my mother 62 years to find herself and her space, but I have never seen her happier and for that I am grateful.  It is smaller than her other house but suits her just perfectly.  And she is already momifying it!  Brodie loves grams new house, he has his own backyard and neighbor friends (other dogs) to play with!

Sunday, Game Day, we started at my Aunt Lisa’s for a Mexican feast to celebrate the September birthdays.  The problem is, she made giant enchiladas and Uncle Homie bought dessert plates to eat dinner on.  If you put an enchilada on your plate, there was no possible way you could put anything else on there.  Such as the taco dip, a taco, white mud, etc.  You had to make multiple trips, which is fine, but Chinette plates are not only expensive but have their own reputation at their house.  We are never allowed to use more than one at their house.  And you don’t eat dessert on a dinner plate.  So imagine my confusion when we were being told to not only use multiple plates, but to eat dinner on a dessert plate.  It was utter chaos at best. 

It was my Grandpa’s birthday, but he asked everyone to stay away from him because he has a cold.  So that was interesting.

The day ended with Brodie and I taking a nap and watching the Bears get beat… again.  For whatever reason I didn’t have it in me to care...which deeply saddens me, but in the grand scheme of things, right now I just couldn’t find myself getting upset about it.

I have bigger fish to fry.

And how was your weekend?


2 comments:

  1. My weekend . . . I got to ride in a nascar. Yep, I rode in a nascar. And, as I stood there waiting my turn watching the cars drive around the track, I was thinking to myself, no big deal. 3 laps sitting in the passenger seat. But, surprising to me, I was scared sh**less. By far the scariest thing I've done. I'll jump out of a plane any day, but I will not, ever ride in a nascar again. That was my Saturday . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although that is not on my bucket list Em, it sounds kind of fun! Most importantly though, thanks for participating in my Blog.

    ReplyDelete