Friday, September 16, 2011

Sexy Girl




This was too funny to pass up and too recent to wait to post later.

So, my friend Jody and I are writing a Food Critique, of course to help our peers such as yourself, make educated decisions on where to dine out.  I love my once a month dining experience with Jody.  Fantastic guy and it is a lot of fun.  Plus he enjoys my company which is always refreshing.

Last night we dined at Osaka Hibachi and Sushi at The Shoppes of Grand Praire.  Although it is only he and I doing the critique, I asked my friend Melissa to join, as she has no one to go eat Sushi with.  Really, not an easy thing to get people to do with you.  

So the three of us decided, well I decided for us, that we were going to enjoy both sides of this fantastic place.  The Hibachi side (open grill, cook prepares your meals in front of you with roaring flames) and we would order Sushi as appetizers.  Best of both worlds.  

I say, oooh, I have to check us in on Facebook, because Melissa gets funny if I don't...I am not sure why.  But I forget because I am too excited about the Sushi and the dining experience, I really don't care who knows where I am except that it is my civic duty to alert people to good places to eat...

So, half way through the meal, I decide to check us in.  And I will show you what I posted on Facebook:
Probably one of the best Hibachi and Sushi places I have ever eaten at. The sexy lady was to die for — with Melissa Hunt Schulthes and Jody Reed at Osaka Hibachi & Sushi Bar.  

I set my FB friends up, although I didn't think anyone would catch it because I tried that with a post about apples not long ago, and not a single person caught it.  Such as below:

So I am sharing an apple (possibly a yellow delicious, Sister doesn't know) when I ask her if she knows what my favorite kind of apple is? Her response, not kidding, she says, probably a Pink Lady. For. The. Love. It's Honeycrisp for anyone that cares.

The response I got was all about everyone's favorite apples.  No one caught the Pink Lady or why she would have said that.

However this time, one Facebook friend took the bait and I love her dearly and I need to post her response, which I think made a lot of peoples nights!
Melissa ordered a Sushi Roll, called the Sexy Lady.  It was by far one of the best things I have ever eaten.  It was a tempura fried lobster, wrapped with seaweed, spicy mayo, eel sauce, perhaps an avocado, and filet mignon, topped with more spicy mayo and caviar.  Sounds horrible, but it was truly amazing.  I swear to God, I would order it again.  So, because of its name I laugh and say I am going to check us in and say that the sexy lady was to die for.  Here is the response I received from my friend Alicia:
Alica- OH!! You should see this one lady at CJ Nails!! WOW!! I went in one afternoon and a lady was in getting her nails done - she must have told her hubby he needed his done too. I laughed the whole time mine were getting done - he had to be loving the show!!!! LOL!!!! She ALWAYS wears LOW cut and has the shape for it!!!!

I am not kidding when I tell you that Melissa and I literally LOL in the restaurant, in the car, all the way home…I couldn’t stop laughing.  And then Jody and I laughed all the way from Elmwood home.  Not because Alicia fell for it, but because she FELL for it.  And HARD!!  God love her.  And please Alicia, know that I loved it and I hope this doesn’t embarrass you because it is one of my all-time favorite responses to anything I have ever said on FB.

Truly a classic!  Thank you for making me laugh Alicia!!!  It truly is the best medicine!

P.S. what we ate looked most like the sushi on the top...

No comments:

Post a Comment