Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Best______ I Have Ever Had..."Soup" Edition


My absolute favorite station on TV is the Food Network.  I can watch hours and hours and hours of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives or perhaps Chopped…I mean hours of it.  I so desperately want to travel to some of those places on Triple D to see them in person.  I think that would be so fun. 

They have a show on the network, couldn’t tell you the time or day of the week it was on, and I really don’t think it is on anymore, but it was called “The Best Thing I Ever Ate” and each show would have a different topic.  Like soup, BBQ, steak, fried chicken, etc.  I thought it was a brilliant idea for my blog.  Random times, tell you what the best thing I ever ate…like a little series.

It really struck me today to talk about soup.  Probably because it has suddenly went from having my air conditioner on while driving home to needing soup on my way home.  However, I cannot simply just lump soup into one category.  There are so many kinds.  And I don’t call Chili a soup.  I don’t call Bisque a soup.  I don’t call Chowder a soup…you get the idea, so I want you all to share your favorites with me but I am telling you right now, we are only talking about soup!

There are cream soups, broth soups, cheese soups, you catch my drift?  But a soup is a soup is a soup. 
I pretty much LOVE all kinds of soup.  Vegetable, chicken noodle, wild rice with chicken, French Onion, potato, beer cheese, broccoli cheese, cream of mushroom, you know the list goes on…I really haven’t met a soup I didn’t like.  Even split pea soup.   I am not necessarily a “cold soup” or gazpacho fan; I do like my soup warm/hot.  I once had a Cucumber Soup (cold) on a cruise that was by far the worst thing I ever put in my mouth that they called a soup.  It contained way too much dill. 

The best soup I have ever eaten was hands down my Sisters Cheeseburger Soup.  With hash browns, not potato chunks.  I don’t know exactly why I love it so much but it feels to me like a meal instead of a soup.  The longer it sits warm, the better it is.  I feel like I am getting all of my courses in one bowl and honestly not many soups can do that for me.  It has to be made with Velvetta…not a generic brick brand; specifically because it doesn’t melt…Kraft has pretty much cornered the market on cheese for me.   I have eaten a lot of soup in my day and this is by far my favorite.  That is subject to change. 

So, with that, what is the best soup you have ever had????????  And from where?  This is not to be confused with the best soup you have ever made, okay?


3 comments:

  1. Made that cheeseburger soup the other day and added bacon. It was an instant hit with my guys. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the potato soup at Gloria's Secret Cafe!! Kenny Knox also makes a delicious soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love home made french onion soup with cheese and croutons of course. The Cheeseburger soup is a VERY close second.

    ReplyDelete