Friday, October 28, 2011

Just another Friday morning drive


Dalton: Where the hell ya been?  Me: Took longer in the shower than I should have.  Dalton: I like to get to school early Aunt Tiff.  Me: I know.

How are we today kids? Dalton: Good.  Kolbie: School and not school.  Me: It’s not even fun anymore.  What are we doing this weekend anything fun?  Dalton: I have a party to go to tonight.  My friend who lives in the funeral home in Fairview, well his parents just rent it.  Kolbie:  I want to live in a funeral home.  Me: That would be just wrong.  Kolbie: It would be awesome.  Dalton: He hears noises all the time.  I kept waking up to noises last night.  Kolbie: Our house has lots of noises.  Me: What kind of noises?  Dalton: Oh you know, the cats, Micha, Dad yelling at the TV.  And I kept waking up but falling back to sleep into the same dream.  Me:  What was it about, I love when that happens!  Dalton: I don’t remember.  Kolbie: Probably Selena Gomez.  Dalton (whipping around in the seat) SHUT THE _______ UP.  (No word thank God, just a pause.)  You are so stupid.  Kolbie: I probably wouldn’t bother you if you didn’t bother me.  Dalton: I can’t stand you.  Kolbie: So why don’t you leave me alone then?  Me: Okay next subject.

Dalton: Do you even want to know about the best part of yesterday?  Me: Well of course, but I didn’t ask this morning because yesterday you couldn’t even remember the previous day.  Dalton:  Well, it was the Halloween Dance.  Hey, Aunt Tiff, you know what the best part about being a Cubs fan is?  (Which he is not) Me: No, what.  Dalton: You don’t have to watch baseball in October.  Me: Wow.  Ok.  Dalton: Anyway, the dance was my favorite part of the day.  Me: You had a dance at school?  During the day?  Dalton: NO, last night, geez.  Me: Oh my God you are old enough to go to Junior High dances this makes me sad.  Kolbie: He went to two.  Dalton: I did not you moron!  Me: Dear God, have you been to another dance this year?  Dalton: Yeah.  Me: I am pretty sure that is what your sister is talking about.  Kolbie: Yeah it was but he is too stupid to listen. 
Me: Have a great day at school.  Dalton: Oh sure, I just love getting to school right at 8:00 and not having any time to get ready for my day.  Me: OH MY GOD, I AM SORRY, I DIDN’T WANT TO GET OUT OF THE SHOWER.  Now get out of my car, I love you.  Kolbie: Ugggggghhhh I hate school.

I absolutely love how priceless my mornings have become!  Seriously…I wish I had done this sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment