Monday, October 3, 2011

Make me laugh...


There was a time in my life when I was really a funny, clever, witty, charismatic person.  I suppose some people would say I still was, but it is nowhere near like it used to be.  I miss her; she is quite funny and quite fun to be around.  I feel like I have been such a work in progress for so long that I actually forgot what I was working towards.  I just want to be that light-hearted carefree young woman again.  Maybe I just need to start living off the grid and doing things so polar opposite of what is expected of me.

I would have to say that one of the funniest people I know is my Uncle Brad.  He is very funny.  You can’t be around him without laughing.  I want to be that funny every single day.  I don’t know how he does it.
So I have come up with a list of things that I wish I could do to get my “groove back.”  Ya know, random, off the wall, completely insane stuff that would probably make me pee my pants if I had the guts to do it.

For instance, Sea World has a seafood restaurant.  That bothers me a little bit.  But wouldn’t it be funny to eat there and half way through your meal ask for the manager and demand they somehow prove to you that in no way, shape or form, are you eating  a “slow learner?” 

During the summer, wouldn’t it be great to see how many Country Club pools you could get into by putting some sun block on your nose, a whistle around your neck and wearing some red shorts?  Yes sir, I am here for my shift.  And then just walk around and see how the rich people live?

Or how about putting on some Khaki’s and a red polo and just walk around Target for hours to see how many people ask me for help.


I love Pepsi, Diet Pepsi actually.  I will drink Coke if it is necessary but I am not happy about it.  So, one time at a restaurant when I order a Diet Pepsi and they say “is Coke ok?”  I want to go all spider monkey and start screaming, “no, it isn’t, I want a damn Pepsi.” 

Standing next to the generic frosted flakes in the cereal aisle and wait for someone to grab them.  When they do say, “have you ever had these before, THEY’RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEE just okay I guess.”

Follow a random family around Disneyland all day and get in the background of all of their pictures.
Go to a restaurant and when the host asks if I want a booth or a table, ask that they give me whichever one is closest to the waiter or waitress.

If I were to go camping at an actual campground, it would be great to take a tuba and put it on my picnic table.  It would assure no neighbors for miles.

Bring maracas to a staff meeting, just to shake things up!

When McDonalds forgets to put my dipping sauce in the bag with my nuggets, go back in and be all like, “I will burn this place to the ground lady, you hear me?”

Call the Ford dealership and ask them if they know that you can put the word “anal” in front of most of their vehicles and it is more fun to say them… Probe, Explorer, Excursion, Endeavor, Ranger, Focus…tacky I know, but funny anyway. 

Go behind one of the registers at WalMart and wait till someone puts all their stuff on the belt and say, sorry, this lane is closed!

Stand at a tanning salon and hand out flyers that say the sun is free!!!

This list took me a really long time to come up with and not all of them are my own, but they are funny none-the-less. 

I am going to start working on how to get Tiffany’s Groove Back…starting with laughter.  I need to laugh more…so if you have other ideas, I am all ears and would love to try anything!





1 comment:

  1. You need to hang out with us more! A day in the life of "Sue" and the rest of us will give you plenty of material to write about and remind you to laugh at life. We love you!
    A. Michelle

    ReplyDelete