Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I will pass on the pie, thanks...



Well, it is almost here…that day so many of us wait for…the day where no one can tell you how much you can eat…or complain when you have a piece of each of the pies that are available. 

We all know Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday but besides all the reasons that I have stated in previous blogs, one of my biggest Thanksgiving pet peeves just happens to be the damn pies.  Why is this the only holiday that Pie has center stage?  I don’t know what kind of pies you have at your Thanksgiving dinner, but we have Pumpkin.  And a Pumpkin.  Perhaps another Pumpkin.  And maybe a Pecan.  Ooooh, or how about an Apple Pie?  OH MY HELL!  REALLY?  What is wrong with a Banana Cream, or a Peach, or a Peanut Butter?  Nothing is wrong with them, but no one wants to bring one.

Mother is bringing four tomorrow.  FOUR PIES.  Ok, so maybe that does not seem like a lot of pie, but she is bringing 2 Pumpkin, 1 Apple and 1 Chocolate Cream.  I guess if I want a certain pie, I should bring a certain pie.  I was not asked to bring pie.  I was asked to bring Moscato, not pie.  Moscato, so everyone can be drunk before they eat.   

The pie is the least of my concern at Thanksgiving dinner.  I would much rather overload on the carbohydrates that make up the dinner.  My other pet peeve is that we do not have Green Bean Casserole.  YES, I KNOW I CAN MAKE SOME AND BRING IT…however, if you are reading this, you know my responsibility is the liquor.  It kind of defeats the purpose of giving me a task if I have to bring my own pie, my own casserole, etc.  I may as well have my own dinner?  I like having Ham at Thanksgiving too.  Should I bring a Ham because I like it and no one else brings one? 

I guess I don’t know what proper etiquette is.  Trust me, I am grateful that we have all the food that we have, as I know some people don’t and it makes me feel bad when I have issues with the pie, and no casserole and no ham, so don’t worry, I check myself and get a grip and thank the Lord and Baby Jesus for the bounty we do enjoy. 

I will get over it.  I always do.  And basically I just forget about the whole pie thing until next year.  

Feel free to share your Thanksgiving favorites or Pet Peeves...you know you have one or two!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's best if I just don't get started (lol).. thanks for sharing your own thoughts on the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete