Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A caroling we will go, or not...



Me: GOOD MORNING LITTLE PEOPLE, I think we should listen to Christmas songs on the way to school.  Kolbie:  Dumb.  Dalton: Uh, Aunt Tiff, it is not even Thanksgiving.  Me: Dalton, do you realize it will be a week from tomorrow?  Dalton:  So?  That means it is still not Thanksgiving today.  Me:  Uggh, why does no one want to share in my Christmas spirit?  Dalton: Probably because it is not Christmas.  Me: Well, I am going to scan the radio until I find a station playing it.  If I don’t find one I am stopping the car and we are not moving until we do.  And we all know who in this car does not like to get to school late.  I would hate for you to have to tell your teachers it was because Aunt Tiff made you sing Christmas songs…on the side of the road.  Dalton:  Especially since it’s not even Christmas. 

(Several minutes later as the radio is scanning…) Me:  OH MY HELL, NO ONE IS PLAYING CHRISTMAS MUSIC.  Kolbie: OH that song that was just on is on my Just Dance game.  I want the new Just Dance game for Christmas.  Me: This has nothing to do with Christmas music, but tell Grandma Rita, she needs Christmas ideas.  Dalton: BECAUSE IT IS NOT CHRISTMAS, IT IS NOT EVEN THANKSGIVING.  Me: I know DALTON, but do you hear any Thanksgiving music?  There is no such thing, it doesn’t even exist.  Dalton: Probably because who the hell would listen to that shit?  Me: Oh my hell…  Dalton: If you put all the songs that we are only getting to hear part of though, it would make a cool rock song.

Me(Pulling into school):  That’s it, radio is going off.  This is totally bogus.  I will simply sing.  “Deck the Halls with boughs of holly fa la la la la la la la la!" Kolbie:  DALTON GET US OUT OF HERE NOW!

They will sing before Christmas, or I will not even leave the driveway.

No goodbyes or I love you today.    L

No comments:

Post a Comment