Tuesday, November 29, 2011

She was just a little gull a minute ago...



A year ago this weekend I left for a Hawaiian adventure that was supposed to last at the minimum 5 months.  Well, we all know how that turned out.  It is quite funny how fast a year goes isn’t it?  I think it gets worse as a person gets older too.  Blink and its gone.  So easy to say make the most of your time because it goes by so fast, but really it does.

I went to my oldest niece’s basketball game last night and recalled how many years ago it was me out on that floor.  I can tell you right now they have much more comfortable uniforms then we did.  Perhaps I would have been more competition with Sister had I actually been in a uniform that didn’t ride up my butt.  Now, however, the girls complain because they are too long and baggy.  No happy mediums I guess.

I am extremely proud of her.  She is doing remarkably well considering she didn’t play her freshman and sophomore years.  She can dribble the ball better than her mother that is for sure.  I sat there and a variety of things came to mind…in a rush, sort of like a wave.  Get ready for a seriously bad run-on sentence…because this is pretty much how the thoughts scrambled through my brain…

Dear God, my back hurts, oh I hope Angie is here, (paying to get in, I could hear Angie yelling), good Angie is here, it is so much fun to watch a game with her, although she hits hard, I have to sit a little ways from her so she doesn’t have such easy access, oh wow, Belle’s hair is cute tonight, I wonder if her boyfriend is here and if he is I hope he behaves because not only am not a fan of personal issues affecting an athlete’s ability to play, but she is at that age where boys (well this one) is all that matters, so dear God, boyfriend, just sit down and watch the game like the polite young gentleman I know you are, oh my God, her boyfriend is the loudest kid in the gym, perhaps this is why she likes him, he is quite outgoing, oh my God these bleachers are hard, I sure am glad I wore my Champion warm-up pants so I could slide all over the really old wooden bleachers and practically fall off, Oh good, Emily and the girls came, Ashlyn loves me, why do kids love me, I will never know, good lord they want something to drink and Emily won’t let them have any more to drink, do you guys have cooties, cause if you don’t, you can share my water, Ashlyn asks me if she can play up above the stands, sure, why not, you aren’t my child, Emily says no, but I GET THE PUPPY DOG EYES, why not Tiffany?, well my first guess is that I am not your mom and your mom just said no, man I miss coaching, I should coach again, I would be a good coach, no maybe I wouldn’t, I don’t have any patience, what happened to my patience?, I used to have some, didn’t I?, Emily says, yes, you should coach again, oh I just don’t know if I would be very good at it, Bella runs funny, why does she run funny?, she is fast, but she has this elbow flapping thing going on, which I guess is good, as it looks like she is in automatic “throw the elbow” mode, man, she is a way better dribbler than her mom, I think her mom really misses playing, one trip down and back and I would probably have a heart-attack, man I need to work out, like tonight, when I get home, hell no, it will be 10:00PM, I just want to go to bed, actually I need a muscle relaxer…I will get up early in the morning and work out, yeah, probably not then either, I need to dig out my reebok slide, I loved that thing, I need to do some yoga too, I really need a chiropractor and a massage, ooh a day at the spa, sister has two that she still has not used, who does that?, wow we are getting creamed, why isn’t Freeman yelling like he used to yell at us?, maybe he is too tired to care anymore, they have so much potential, why are they acting like they don’t, maybe I need to yell, I don’t think that will help, I think it will just piss Bella off, uggh, 25 points behind, let us pray this gets over real soon like, this is brutal, I better stand up, I am losing feeling in my appendages, oh thank God it is over, where the hell is Bella, oh boy there is her boy squirrel, politely waiting on her, hey how are you?  Good how are you?, I am great thank you, really I am tired and my back hurts, but I don’t need to bore him with that, oh my gosh Bella, for the love, oh good there she is, oh gosh, she has to go love on him, this is gross, she was just 2 years old in the hospital with Salmonella, now she has a boyfriend who is delaying my butt getting in bed on a school night at a decent time, someone needs to tell her I don’t wait for boys, oh my hell, when did she become a young woman, I have been home almost 10 years, I said I was going to be home 6 months max, what the sam hell has happened to me, this is going to be the longest ride home ever, I feel like I am in another state, we still have to stop and get her car, oh thank God we are on our way home, you know boys have cooties right Bella?, no, I am not the only one that thinks this, I am glad Justin likes me but you don’t need to be so “in love” at your age, are we home yet, oh thank God, please don’t be on your phone while you are driving its dangerous, it only takes a split second, no I am not your mother, but I may as well be, ok goodnight, hi Brodie, did you miss your mommy, your mommy missed you, I hate not seeing you all day, your mommy needs some drugs, stat, oh dear God I know you want to play, why can’t your Papa play with you, sleepy, why am I so sleepy, oh yeah, took a muscle relaxer, man this feels nice, to relax, too bad I had to have a pill, goodnight world.

More like a tsunami rather than a wave of thoughts eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment