Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Depression causes depression...


Soooooo, yesterday I am reading up on all the blogs I follow.  One of them (Just A Titch) contains links to other blogs and fun stuff on Fridays.  She had a link to another blog site called Hyperbole and A Half.  Loved it, absolutely loved this person, their style of writing, all of it.  This particular blog was about depression, which if you weren’t aware, I am a professional in this “state of mind.”

I blame a lot of it on my genetic predetermined flaws.  My great grandmother suffered from it which comes as no surprise since it is rather common in people of Mediterranean decent.  That does tend to shock me though because why would a people who are fond of enjoying food and wine be depressed?  Unfortunately they are.  I would say all of the women on my mother’s side suffer from or have at some point, depression.  They might not appreciate me saying that, but I don’t think it will be news to them.

This particular blog was as I mentioned about her depression.  However, she also draws pictures, which are crazy hilarious.  Although depression is not funny, this particular blog was and I could totally relate.  Sometimes it feels good to laugh at it because it really isn’t a laughing matter. 

After I read it I went and looked at some other blogs she has posted and decided I absolutely wanted to follow her and promote her on my own site.  And this is where the real depression set in.



I clicked the follow button and out came a message that says “we are sorry, this blogger has reached the maximum number of followers, 50,000, please try again later.”  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  ARE YOU FLIPPING SERIOUS?  Who in the world has that many followers?  I have 50…I want more like 500.  BUT 50,000????  I physically got sick to my stomach.  What do I have to do to raise my blog awareness?  Maybe I am in such a decrepit demographic that I am lucky I have 5.  I realize that people don’t have a lot of time to read these days, which is sad because reading is one of my favorite things in the world to do.  But honest to God, how does a person connect with 50,000 people?  I don’t have any idea, but I would like to figure out how to connect with 500 and that would make me happy.  

So I was reading a blog about depression and become depressed, nothing worse than that.  I am happy for her, truly I am, because it is a dream of mine to someday write a book or anything for that matter and have my words read by hundreds of people.  I know hard work pays off, but sometimes, timing is everything as well.  Gotta know the right people at the right place at the right time in life I think.

I am dealing with this a lot better today it was probably just bad timing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment