Friday, April 6, 2012

C'mon feel the noise...


I was getting a little worried when I asked y’all what is the first thing you miss when the electricity goes out.   A little worried, because no one had picked my answer.  And I got to thinking, maybe there was something wrong with me and then I remembered there is nothing wrong with me, but there is a lot wrong with the world I live in, however, I will save that rambling for another time.

A lot of people answered with an “if-then statement.”  For instance, if my electricity goes out in the summer, then I would initially miss the A/C.  But I have to tell you…something real, real important here.  I work with a guy who answers every single question I ask him as if I have asked him to give me every possible answer the question can have.  NOOOOOOOOOOO.  Your first instinct is my favorite answer.  Obviously lots of questions are answered based on different criteria.  If you answer these questions of the day with variable answers I feel like I am in a math equation and it will cause me to get hives, so just go with your gut.  BOOM, Lights go out…what do you miss, that second.

I miss the noise.  Instantly.  The only time I realize how much background/white noise we have going on in our lives, is when the power goes out.  It’s too quiet.  I have to have noise.  Radio at work, fan when I sleep, water moving at the beach…very very rarely do we have absolute silence, but we do when the power goes out. I think Amanda and Kelli were the only two that mentioned noise, thank God…I was beginning to think it was my issue and my issue alone…Amy Jo did mention her fan, which is kind of saying the same thing…anyway, I cannot stand the silence.  Some people say “silence is golden…”well that’s fine, but I don’t need things that quiet.  Truly when the power goes out, I do not want freak out at the air temperature or the lack of light, or not being able to flush, etc.  I freak out because I can’t stand to hear myself think without some noise in the background…

No comments:

Post a Comment