Friday, April 27, 2012

San Clemente CA. for dinner please...



I love food.  That is blatantly obvious if you have seen me lately.  However, putting that aside, I love trying new food, I love cooking food, I love cooking food for other people.  I am not normally a jealous person, but on occasion I desire things other people have.  I am seriously jealous of Guy Fieri.  I mean Jesus H, what better job than to drive all over the country (although he probably flies) and eat at different cool ass joints.  I want to do that.  I want to be “that guy.”  Or girl, or whatever. 

There usually are no rules to the answers you folks provide, just whatever comes into your mind first.  So when I posed this question, I did not say it had to be present day.  So I was not surprised by those of you who wanted to go back to Grandma’s dinner table.  If you look back, I mean really look back, a lot of our best; most fond, most FUN memories involve food.  And that is how meals should be with family.  They should be events.  Even if it’s a 4th of July party, or Sunday dinners…good times surround good food. 

The other most popular answer was abroad…more specifically Italy.  And Paris.  I have never been to Paris, or Italy for that matter.  Although I truly believe that I would gladly go if offered.  So, with that being said, in MY MIND, I was shooting for a place I love, or had to been to, or hoped to someday return to because I loved it so much. 

So with that being said, my first answer would have been Redfish, in downtown Chicago, was attached to the Voodoo Lounge, which was just down from the House of Blues.  However, I know the restaurant is no longer there, not even sure about the lounge.  It was Cajun and Creole based food…and oh my God did I love that place.  Probably the best mac and cheese my mouth has encountered…and it arrived in a mini cast iron skillet. Anyway, it saddens me that it is no longer. 

So, if someone wanted to take me to dinner, I would ask them to take me to Fishermans Restaurant and Bar in San Clemente California…right on the beach.   It was the first stop on a trip I took with one of my BFF’s up the Pacific Coast Highway.  I absolutely LOVED San Clemente and hope to return.  I suppose it was the scenery and being on the ocean and the view and all that, but it was some damn good food.  Like it makes my mouth water just thinking about it.  Feel free to check it out.  It was the trip of a lifetime, just driving and enjoying the locals.  I truly love California though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment