Friday, April 20, 2012

Evolution...


7:45AM
Kolbie: I have a field trip today, my bus leaves at 8:30, and I really need to hurry to school today.

Me: Ummm ok, I always have you there on time, today shouldn’t be a problem.  You are going to the Chimpanzee movie at the IMAX and Momma’s coming too right?

Kolbie: Yep and then we are going to a park to have lunch and play if it doesn’t rain.

Dalton: This sounds very familiar to something we did when I was your age.  We went to see the new Earth movie and then to a park to play.  Yes, this is strikingly similar to when we went.

Kolbie: Do you know they found another Earth that looks like Earth?

Dalton/Me: Furrowed brows…say what?

Kolbie: A planet another planet, that is like Earth.

Me: Yes I believe that, we are hypocrites if we think we are not alone. 

Dalton: You mean another planet that sustains life?  Of course.  Other scientific mumbo jumbo I lost track of.  The world was created by a giant asteroid that crashed into the Earth and created organisms.  First fish, then apes, then us.

Me: We came from fish?

Kolbie:  I don’t know, it just seems weird.  How did one man, God, make all this?

Me to Dalton: So you think there is another planet with cities and stuff like ours?

Dalton: No, not necessarily cities but can you imagine the things we could teach one another if our two worlds got together?

Me: You mean you believe in Aliens and do you think they look like the aliens on TV?

Dalton: Well, maybe, I mean no one knows for sure.

Me: What if we do get together and a human and whatever other species this is fall in love and have babies, won’t they be real strange looking?

Dalton: It doesn’t matter what they look like does it?  Cross species is not uncommon.

Kolbie: You guys are gross; I don’t even want to talk about this anymore.

Me: Hey, cross species or whatever, it could happen.  Stranger things have happened.

Kobie: Yeah, like God being responsible for all of this.

Me: Maybe we evolved from apes.

Dalton: Well it is a bit of a stretch that Adam and Eve created all of us.  I mean two people, to now billions?

Me:  Right because that means we are all related if that’s the case right?

Dalton: We are related.

Me: Well yes, you and I are, but I mean EVERYONE on the planet.

Kolbie: That’s weird and confusing and I just can’t think about this anymore.

Dalton: You know there really was a Jesus.  Okay left field.  Like there was proof.  He may not have been the magical mystical being that we are supposed to believe, but there was a man named Jesus.  And he did die and when his mother came to the tomb, the shape of his robe was there but no body.  No tissue and bones and skin and stuff just the form of his body.  I mean how weird is that?  There is proof.  He really existed.   But what happened to his body?  Where did it go?

Me: This is very deep stuff for a Friday.

Kolbie: I’m just confused.


No comments:

Post a Comment