Monday, April 2, 2012

A real good day...



There are moments in your life, sometimes brief, sometimes a little longer if you are lucky, where all of the things that you need to line up, do; where you are truly in harmony with the world.  It can happen several times in a lifetime.  Where you truly feel like you are exactly where you need to be.  Everything makes sense.  Everything FEELS right.  I had a moment like this yesterday.  Not only did I spend the day with awesome friends and family, but I made new friends as well. 

I was born and raised on the Spoon River.  Yes, yes, we all know I left for a while, but it has been and will always be where I was raised.  I am pretty sure I have spent more time at that river in the last couple years than I probably have my whole life.  But there is something special about being able to be there with other people who appreciate it as much as you do. 

Maybe it took almost 40 years to truly appreciate it, but yesterday, was simply by far, probably one of the best days of 2012.  And I am positive there will be many more.  You see, when I went out of the month of January, with a bang (or just broken bones) I wasn’t sure that this year was going to be okay.  I mean it started out so crappy.  But after yesterday, I think it may be a good year!

There was no drama, no fighting, no annoying people buzzing our little party with their four wheelers…it was just a really great group of people spending the day on the beach…87 degrees on the first day of April!  

Thank you all for “showing up.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment