Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Facebook


Facebook
It was inevitable, i.e. bound to happen.  That I would write about it.  I mean seriously?  My thoughts on it?  Of course they vary but here are the ones that stick out in my mind the most….

FACEBOOK is the 2nd most popular word that starts with an F and ends with a K.

 It is where people go to re-experience their childhood rejection & acceptance issues all over again.

Thinks that there is really quite nothing like the flavor of a rejected Facebook friendship invitation.

Whenever someone I don’t know wants to add me as friend on Facebook, I have the urge to ask them "who sent you?"

Sometimes feel that Facebook is like a fridge. If you’re bored you keep opening & closing it every few minutes to see if there’s anything good in there.

Sometimes thinks that Facebook should change the status question from "What's on your mind?" to "What is your problem today?"

You want confessions? Lock a person in a room with a laptop, a Facebook account and a bottle of booze.

Can't be for sure, but I think my life must have been a lot more productive before I discovered Facebook.

In all honesty would rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook.

In my lifetime it has to be at least in the Top 10 “things” that have changed the course of history forever.  I mean you can now treat people like spam, friend them and defriend them.  You can post pictures in a second, for the world to see, when it would have taken you a year to take enough on the roll of film to THEN take them in to get developed and have extra prints made so you could mail them to your friend in Denver of that one time when you got drunk at the bar.  You are not really in a relationship unless it is “Facebook Official.”  He with the most friends wins…You have complete control over who sees what and hears what about your life, but you have to be careful because sometimes you want people to see and hear it just to piss them off.
I love you all dearly, I really do.  All of my Facebook friends, but what I am about to say could upset you and for that I am sorry. 

I personally like Facebook.  I have reconnected with many friends, become better friends with friends I normally wouldn’t have been able to talk to so often, I have found out who my real friends are.  I enjoy seeing your children grow and hear about your accomplishments.  I love looking at pictures.  Really, when we lose someone that is all we will have left of them.  HOWEVER…I don’t need to know when you are going to bed, when you are eating dinner, when you are working out, when you are showering, when you are going to work, etc.  You picking up what I am putting down? 


If you want to put a status update about that it better be something like; I am going to bed…naked for the first time ever.  I am eating dinner…in France, just here for the night.  I started Pilates today…I would rather be eating a bag of Snickers. I am showering…under a waterfall in Maui.  I am going to work…for Donald Trump.

I mean even if it isn’t true, make something up.  But this post…(shower…dinner…bed?)  Makes me want to say, did you not brush your teeth or go to the bathroom?  And tell you that I really don’t care.  I am sorry…but we need to laugh…if your life boils down to it being so mundane that that is all you can tell us about your day, then we need to speak outside of the Blog.

On a final note…I am not going to friend you or accept your friend request because you went to school with my Aunt before you moved to Texas in 79’.  Do I talk to you now?  Do you speak to me in public?  Do we stay in touch?  Are we interested in one another’s lives, families, etc. and not in the way a stalker might be interested?  Are we family?  If we met in the corn dog stand at the State Fair and we put our ketchup and mustard on exactly the same way, probably not going to be my Facebook friend. 

Just saying…


5 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way. I also have to add, I also don't care for the 14 in a row YouTube videos in a row of songs I've heard a thousand times on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about face book. Kelliejo

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA!!I like the fridge part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell ya Tiff! I am a VERY pick Facebook friender. Just because you know my husband, it doesn't mean you have to know me. Also, if you can't spell, or manage to use words in the proper form or tense, I'm probably going to delete you or hide you. (This may be a teacher thing, or possibly because I AM MY MOTHER.) I also think hate when some people can not manage to find ONE positive thing to say EVER. If they're reaching out because they have a serious problem, that's one thing, but the CONSTANT bitching drives me nuts. ~Sarah Tolle

    ReplyDelete