Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fair Food


It's that time of year for the proverbial artery clogging food on a stick...And I have a confession.  I decided if I was going to do this thing, I was going to be brutally honest about EVERYTHING!!!!!!  And here it goes....drum roll please...

I am not a fan of Fair Food.  Eeeeek....I can hear vendors everywhere screaming...and my sister just pulled something rolling her eyes.  I am not.  Cotton Candy? Meh...Corn Dogs?...Whatev...Salt Water Taffy...not conducive to my dental work...ribeyes, butterfly chops, funnel cakes, onion rings...the list goes on.  I crave none of them.  Ever.  Dee Dee?  The more sugar the better, so Cotton Candy, Funnel Cakes, Elephant Ears, load her up...my stomach is rolling thinking about it.

I will however, go stand, to stand, to stand, to find the best Lemonade Shake-Up...and let me tell you...all those vendors promoting that theirs is the best?  Doubtful...it's the little mom and pop stands that have the best...they don't need flashing lights and big signs...they need some damn good lemons, good water and sugar...it's that simple.


SO MY QUESTION TO YOU IS, What is your favorite fair food, and why?

9 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to go with the corn dog for this one. I'm with you on the lemon shake ups also. With vodka even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon shake ups yes. But cotton candy has to be my favorite fair food. Don't know why colored, spun sugar is so appealing. Just is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff,
    You are an amazing writer! LOVE everything and I concur with Lori...vodka makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aptly named. It's not called Good Food or Great Food . . . just Fair Food. It's really only a mouth deterrent. Something to keep you from saying out loud what you're screaming in your head as you watch the Fair Fashion Show walk by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corn dog but of course I did not need to tell you or DeeDee this. ;)

    ReplyDelete