Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Island of Misfit Toys

So it begins…

Blogs have been around for a long time and my sister is a huge fan of them. She has encouraged this next chapter in my life. She knows how I love being able to share in people’s thoughts and lives.

Sometimes facebook is cumbersome (in the fact that it limits my words and we all know I don't like limits) and sometimes maybe all of my friends think I post too much infomation or that I don't use a filter well. Some may be offended by foul language which can sometimes be standard language for me so if it offends you I highly recommend that you dont subscribe to my blog. It is time for me to bring my thoughts online. I want to share my life with you. I welcome comments of support and sharing of your own personal stories.

This is only the beginning…

I feel like I am onTthe Island of Misfit Toys every single day.  At home, at work...really everywhere.  You would have to be with me to totally understand.  The house I call home, you see, has never really been a "home", because I truly believe that home is where your heart is...and no one's heart has been there for years. Maybe Dads...(another post)...so sometimes, if you look inside the window as if we were a snow globe, you would see us wandering around aimlessly like the toys do on the Island...but back to my topic...

Today for instance, my boss (God love her) (a phrase you should use when about to describe a person you half ass feel sorry for), was telling a story about scolding her 24 year old daughter for having an overnight male guest.  Again, another post...Well apparently, her daughter responded by saying that she was only getting in trouble because she has a "Virgina" (pronounced like Vagina) but with no a...can you please tell me how someone who cannot correctly pronounce human anatomy is a multi-millionaire?  Can you please tell me what fork in the road I went the wrong way and live pay check to pay check...but this person can call a vagina a virgina and have more money than I will ever see in my lifetime?  I am not calling her out on making wise business choices in her lifetime, but seriously.  Attend one of our staff meetings, you will know.  She is the leader on the Island.

I will end with saying that my favorite character from that classic (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) in case I  have lost some of you was Hermey...he wanted to be a dentist, not a toy maker...but nooooooooooooo....he had to fit into the proper elf mold and do as other elves do...and he was miserable.

As you continue along this blogging journey with me you will see glimpses of where I too broke out of the expected mold.  At least on The Island of Misfit Toys there are no expectations...just a whole bunch of things running around aimlessly looking for their purpose in life...like me.

1 comment: