Wednesday, August 24, 2011

R.I.P. Jasper-The Addendum

It was brought to my attention late last evening, once Bella had a chance to read it, that I only forgot one really key, but yet hysterical, fact in the story of Jasper and his services.

Bella missed his death, meaning she wasn't present for it.  Her mother forced her (and this I believe) to serve pizza at the Methodist Church for the Halloween party.  She thinks she was in the 5th grade.  There is a lot of irony in that she was serving the Lord, while Jasper was heading to him.  This however, still angers Bella, as she should have been there.  And frankly, after the ordeal we went through to send him off, yes she should have been there when he went into the other world.

This also explains why Mom was so excited to leave the house.  She hated Halloween, not when we were little, but we never had any trick or treaters and she would much rather shut the porch light off and sit in her bed and inhale ice cream cones.  This gave us a reason to shut the light off and leave.

I think that sums it up.  R.I.P. Jasper, I hope your little log home is still doing well.

P.S.  Dee Dee brought carrots to work today.


3 comments:

  1. You gotta stop! I can't get any work done. I could go for a carrot though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. killin' me, just killin' me! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete